Prof. D.Y.C. Leung
BSc (Eng); PhD (HK); RPE; CEng; FEI; FIMechE; FHKIOA, MHKIE
Prof. Dennis Y.C. Leung received his BEng (1982) and PhD (1988) from the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Hong Kong. He had worked with the Hongkong Electric Co., Ltd. for five years heading the air pollution section of the company before joining the University of Hong Kong in 1993. Since then he is very active in conducting research in environmental and energy engineering.
Professor Leung is now a full professor of the Department of Mechanical Engineering specializing in environmental pollution control and renewable & clean energy development. He has published more than 400 articles in this area including 240+ peer reviewed top SCI journal papers. He was invited to publish more than 20 review articles in leading energy and environment related journals. His current h-index is 56 and total citations are more than 13000. He is one of the top 1% highly cited scientists in the world in energy field since 2010 (Essential Science Indicators) and named as a Highly Cited Researcher by Clarivate Analytics in 2017. Prof. Leung has delivered more than 50 keynote and invited speeches in many conferences as well as public lectures.
Prof. Leung is a chartered engineer, a fellow of the IMechE and Energy Institute. He is also the Past Chairman of the Institute of Energy (HK Branch), and served as an editorial board member of a number of journals including and Applied Energy and Journal of Power & Energy. He is the Specialty Chief Editor of the Frontiers in Environmental Science since 2014. He currently serves as a board member of the Hong Kong Institution of Science, chairman and member of a few government committees and appeal panel related to sustainable energy and environment, and an external examiner of the IVE Engineering Programme. Professor Leung received numerous awards including the Outstanding Earth Champion Hong Kong award in recognizing his contributions in protecting the environment.
Energy conversion and conservation; renewable energy; electrochemical energy; fuels; air pollution control; wind engineering; air dispersion modelling; vehicular emission control; combustion engineering;
Recent journal/book publications (2011-2017):
Fuel Cell and electrochemistry:
1. Tsang, A.C.H., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Use of Pd-Pt loaded graphene aerogel on nickel foam composite in direct ethanol fuel cell” Journal: Solid State Sciences (In press)
2. Zhang, Hao; Xuan, Jin; Leung, Dennis Y.C.; Wang, Huizhi; Xu, Hong; Zhang, Li. "Advanced gas-emission anode design for microfluidic fuel cell eliminating bubble accumulation" Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 27 (2017) 105016 (6pp).
3. Huimin Zhang, Yifei Wang,Zucheng Wu, Dennis Y.C. Leung, “A direct urea microfluidic fuel cell with flow-through Ni-supported-carbon- nanotube-coated sponge as porous electrode” J Power Sources 363, 30 September 2017, 61–69.
4. Yifei Wang*, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, Hao Zhang, Jin Xuan, Huizhi Wang. "Numerical and experimental comparative study of microfluidic fuel cells with different flow configurations: Co-flow vs. Counter-flow cell" Applied Energy 203, 1 October 2017, 535–548.
5. Wang, Y.F., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Xuan, J. “A review on unitized regenerative fuel cell technologies, part B: unitized regenerative alkaline fuel cell, solid oxide fuel cell, and microfluidic fuel cell” Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews 75, 775-795 Aug. 2017.
6. Y.H. Kwok, Alpha C.H. Tsang, Yifei Wang, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Ultra-fine Pt nanoparticles on graphene aerogel as a porous electrode with high stability for microfluidic methanol fuel cell” Journal of Power Sources 349, 75-83, May 2017.
7. Lu, X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Xuan, J. “A high performance dual electrolyte microfluidic reactor for the utilization of CO2” Applied Energy 194, 549-559, 2017 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.05.091.
8. Xu Lu, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, Huizhi Wang, Jin Xuan. “Numerical Modelling of a Dual Electrolyte Membraneless Electrolytic Cell for CO2 to Fuel Conversion” Energy Procedia 105, May 2017, 4053-4058.
9. Wang, Y.F., Leung, D.Y.C.*. “Optimization of Cathode Flooding in Scaled-up Microfluidic Fuel Cells” Energy Procedia 105, May 2017, 1454–1460.
10. Tsang, A.C.H., Kwok, H.Y.H., Leung, D.Y.C.* “The use of graphene based materials for fuel cell, photovoltaics, and supercapacitor electrode materials”. Solid State Sciences 67, A1-A14, 2017.
11. Lu, X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Xuan, J. “Characterization of a Microfluidic Reactor for CO2 Conversion with Electrolyte Recycling” Renewable Energy 102, Part A, March 2017, 15–20.
12. Ojeda, Manuel, Chen, Binbin, Leung, D.Y.C., Xuan, J., Wang, Huizhi, “A hydrogel template synthesis of TiO2 nanoparticles for aluminium-ion batteries” Energy Procedia 105, 3997 – 4002, 2017.
13. Chen, B.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Xuan, J., Wang, H.Z. “A mixed-pH dual-electrolyte microfluidic aluminium-air cell with high performance” Applied Energy 185, 1303-1308, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2015.10.029.
14. Chen, B.B., Xuan, J., Wang, H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Microfluidic Aluminum-air Cell with Methanol-based Anolyte” Energy Procedia 105, 4691-4697, 2017.
15. Wang, Y.F., Leung, D.Y.C.* “A high-performance aluminum-feed microfluidic fuel cell stack” Journal of Power Sources 336, 427-436, 2016.
16. Wang, Y.F., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Toward the scaling up of microfluidic fuel cells, investigation and optimization of the aggravated cathode flooding problem” Electrochimica Acta 222, 312-322, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2016. 10.175
17. Chen, Binbin, Leung, D.Y.C.*, Xuan, J., Wang, H.Z. “A high specific capacity membraneless aluminum-air cell operated with an inorganic/organic hybrid electrolyte” J. Power Sources 336, 30 December 2016, 19–26.
18. Lu, X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Maroto-Valer, M.M., Xuan, J. “A pH-differential Dual-Electrolyte Microfluidic Electrochemical Cells for CO2 Utilization” Renewable Energy 95, 277-285, 2016.
19. Chen, B.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Xuan, J. “Scaling Up Microfluidic Aluminum-Air Cell with Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) Assisted Performance Analysis” J. Electrochem. Soc. 2016 163(9): F1032-F1037;
20. Lu, X., Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Zou, H.Y., Li, J.T., Wang, H.L, Wang, H.Z. “A switchable pH-differential unitized regenerative fuel cell with high performance” J. Power Sources 314, 76-84, 2016.
21. Chen, B.B., Leung, D.Y.C.* “A low-cost rechargeable aluminum-air cell for energy conversion using low-grade aluminum foil” J. Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Storage 13, 011001-1 to 5, 2016.
22. Wang, W., Li, F., Zhang, D., Leung, D.Y.C., Li, G.S. “Photoelectrocatalytic hydrogen generation and simultaneous degradation of organic pollutant via CdSe/TiO2 nanotube arrays” Applied Surface Science 362, 490-497 2015. DOI:10.1016/j.apsusc.2015.11.228.
23. Chen, B.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Xuan, J., Wang, H.Z. “A mixed-pH dual-electrolyte microfluidic aluminium-air cell with high performance” Applied Energy http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2015.10.029.
24. Xu, H., Zhang, H., Wang H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C., Zhang, L., Cao, J., Jiao, K., Xuan, J. “Counter-flow formic acid microfluidic fuel cell with high fuel utilization exceeding 90%” Applied Energy 160, 930-936, 2015.
25. Micro & Nano-Engineering of Fuel Cells Eds: Dennis Y.C. Leung & Jin Xuan. CRC Press Inc. ISBN 9780415644396 - CAT# K16363, May 2015, 304 pages.
26. Wang, Y.F., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Xuan, J. “A vapor feed methanol microfluidic fuel cell with high fuel and energy efficiency” Applied Energy 147, 456-465, 2015.
27. Wang, Huizhi, Luo, Xiaojiao, Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C., Tang, Zhiyong, Wang, Hailiang,, Luque, Rafael, Xuan, Jin. “In-situ photogalvanic acceleration of optofluidic kinetics: a new paradigm for advanced photocatalytic technologies" RSC Advances RSC Adv., 5, 791-796, 2015. DOI: 10.1039/C4RA14032J.
28. Zhang H, Xuan J, Xu H, Leung MHK, Wang H, Leung DYC, Zhang L, Lu X. “A numerical study on microfluidic fuel cell: improving fuel utilization and fuel operation concentration”, Energy Procedia, 61, 250-253, 2014.
29. Lu, X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Leung, M.K.H., Xuan, J., “Electrochemical Reduction of Carbon Dioxide to Formic Acid” ChemElectroChem 1, 836-849, 2014.
30. Wang, H.Z., Gu, Shunjie, Leung, D.Y.C., Xu, H., Leung, M.K.H., Zhang, L., Xuan, J. “Development and characteristics of a membraneless microfluidic fuel cell array” Electrochimica Acta 135, 467-477, 2014.
31. Zhang, H., Leung, M. K.H., Xuan, J., Xu, H., Zhang, L., Leung, D.Y.C., Wang, H.Z. “Energy and exergy analysis of microfluidic fuel cell” Int. J. of Hydrogen Energy 38, 6526-6536, May 2013.
32. Zhang, H., Xuan, J., Xu, H., Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C., Zhang L., Wang, H.Z., Wang, L., “Enabling high-concentrated fuel operation of fuel cells with microfluidic principles: A feasibility study” Applied Energy 112, 1131-1137, Dec. 2013.
33. Xuan, J., Wang, H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C., Leung, M.K.H., Xu, H., Zhang, L., Shen, Y., “Theoretical Graetz-Damköhler modeling of an air-breathing microfluidic fuel cell” J. Power Sources 231, 1-5, 2013.
34. Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C., Wang, H.Z., Leung, M.K.H., Wang, B., Ni, M., “Air-breathing membraneless laminar flow-based fuel cells: Do they breathe enough oxygen?” Applied Energy, 104, 400–407, 2013.
35. Wang, H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Xuan, J., “Modeling of a microfluidic electrochemical cell for CO2 utilization and fuel production. Applied Energy 102, 1057-1062, 2013.
36. Wang, H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Xuan, J., “Modeling of a micro auto-electrolytic cell for hydrogen production” Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 37, 10002-10009, 2012.
37. Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Leung, M.K.H., Ni, Meng, Wang, H.Z., “Chemical and Transport Behaviors in a Microfluidic Reformer with Catalytic-Support Membrane for Efficient Hydrogen Production and Purification” Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 37, 2614-2622, 2012.
38. Xuan, J., Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C. , Wang, H.Z., “Laminar Flow-Based Fuel Cell Working Under Critical Conditions: the Effect of Parasitic Current”, Applied Energy 90, 87-93, 2012.
39. Xuan, J., Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C. , Wang, H.Z., “Towards orientation-independent performance of membraneless microfluidic fuel cell: understanding the gravity effects”, Applied Energy 90, 80-86, 2012
40. Wang, H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Leung, M.K.H., “Energy analysis of hydrogen and electricity production from aluminum-based processes” Applied Energy 90, 100-105, 2012.
41. Wang, H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Xuan, J., “Modeling of an air cathode for microfluidic fuel cells: transport and polarization behaviours”, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 36, 14704-14718, 2011.
42. Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Leung, M.K.H., Wang, H.Z., Ni, M., “Chaotic flow-based fuel cell built on counter-flow microfluidic network: predicting the over-limiting current behaviour” J. Power Sources, 196, 9391– 9397, 2011.
43. Leung, D.Y.C.*, Yang, H., Yan, J., “Novel studies on hydrogen, fuel cell and battery energy systems” Int. J Energy Research 35, 1, 2011.
44. Xuan, J., Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C., Ni, Meng, Wang, H.Z., “Hydrodynamic focusing in microfluidic membraneless fuel cells: breaking the trade-off between fuel utilization and current density”, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 36, 11075-11084, 2011.
45. Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Leung, M.K.H., Ni, Meng, Wang, H.Z., “A computational study of bifunctional oxygen electrode in air-breathing reversible microfluidic fuel cells” Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 36, 9231-9241, 2011.
46. Xuan, J., Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C., Ni, Meng, “Density- induced asymmetric pair of Dean vortices and its effects on mass transfer in a curved microchannel with two-layer laminar stream” Chemical Engineering Journal, 171, 216-223, 2011.
47. Wang, H.Z.; Leung, D.Y.C.*, Leung, M.K.H., Ni, Meng, Chan, K.Y., “Modeling and analysis of an aluminium-water electrochemical generator for both electricity and hydrogen production” Int. J. Energy Research 35, 44-51, 2011.
Photocatalysis for Energy and Pollutant Reduction:
48. Yajie Shu, Jian Ji, Ying Xu, Jiguang Deng, Haibao Huang, Miao He, Dennis Y.C. Leung, Muyan Wu, Shengwei Liu, Shuilian Liu, Gaoyuan Liu, Ruijie Xie, Qiuyu Feng, Yujie Zhan, Ruimei Fang, Xinguo Ye. “Promotional role of Mn doping on catalytic oxidation of VOCs over mesoporous TiO2 under Vacuum Ultraviolet (VUV) irradiation“, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, Available online 5 August 2017.
49. Jian Ji, Ying Xu, Haibao Huang, Miao He, Shuilian Liu, Gaoyuan Liu, Ruijie Xie, Qiuyu Feng, Yajie Shu, Yujie Zhan, Ruimei Fang, Xinguo Ye, Dennis Y.C. Leung. “Mesoporous TiO2 under VUV irradiation: Enhanced photocatalytic oxidation for VOCs degradation at room temperature” Chemical Engineering Journal 327, 1 November 2017, 490-499.
50. Fang Li, Wai Szeto, Haibao Huang, Jiantao Li , Dennis Y.C. Leung * “A Photocatalytic Rotating Disc Reactor with TiO2 Nanowire Arrays Deposited for Industrial Wastewater Treatment” Molecules 22 (2) 337, 13pp, Feb. 2017.
51. Manuel Ojeda, D. Kishore Kumar, Binbin Chen, Jin Xuan, M. Mercedes Maroto-Valer, Leung, D.Y.C.*, Huizhi Wang "Polymeric Templating Synthesis of Anatase TiO2 Nanoparticles from Low-Cost Inorganic Titanium Sources" ChemistrySelect 2, 702-706, 2017.
52. Haibao Huang, Huiling Huang, Qiuyu Feng, Gaoyuan Liu, Yujie Zhan, Muyan Wu, Haoxian Lu, Yajie Shu, Dennis Y.C. Leung “Catalytic oxidation of benzene over Mn modified TiO2/ZSM-5 under vacuum UV irradiation" Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 203, April 2017, 870-878.
53. Huang, H.B., Lu, H.X., Huang, H.L.,Wang, L., Zhang, J., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Recent development of VUV-based processes for air pollutant degradation” Frontiers in Environmental Science doi:10.3389/fenvs.2016.00017, 2016.
54. Huiling Huang, Haibao Huang, Yujie Zhan, Gaoyuan Liu, Xuemei Wang, Haoxian Lu, Liang Xiao, Qiuyu Feng, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Efficient degradation of gaseous benzene by VUV photolysis combined with ozone-assisted catalytic oxidation: performance and mechanism” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 186, 5 June 2016, 62-68.
55. Wang, W., Li, F., Zhang, D., Leung, D.Y.C., Li, G.S. “Photoelectrocatalytic hydrogen generation and simultaneous degradation of organic pollutant via CdSe/TiO2 nanotube arrays” Applied Surface Science 362, 490-497 2015 DOI:10.1016/j.apsusc.2015.11.228
56. Szeto, W., Li, J.T., Huang, H.B., Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Novel urchin-like Fe2O3@SiO2@TiO2 microparticles with magnetically separable and photocatalytic properties” RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 55363 – 55371. DOI: 10.1039/c5ra08070c.
57. Wang, Huizhi, Luo, Xiaojiao, Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C., Tang, Zhiyong, Wang, Hailiang,, Luque, Rafael, Xuan, Jin. “In-situ photogalvanic acceleration of optofluidic kinetics: a new paradigm for advanced photocatalytic technologies" RSC Advances RSC Adv., 5, 791-796, 2015. DOI: 10.1039/C4RA14032J.
58. Huang, H.B., Xu, Y., Feng, Q., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Low temperature catalytic oxidation of volatile organic compounds: a review” Catalysis Science & Technology 5, 2649-2669, 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C4CY01733A.
59. Huang, H.B., Huang, H.L., L. Zhang, Hu, P., Ye, X.G., Leung, D.Y.C.*, “Enhanced degradation of gaseous benzene under vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) irradiation over TiO2 modified by transition metals. Chemical Engineering Journal 259, 534-541, 2015.
60. Huang, H.B., Hu, P., Huang, H., Chen, J., Ye, X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, “Highly dispersed and active supported Pt nanoparticles for gaseous formaldehyde oxidation: Influence of particle size” Chemical Engineering Technology 252, 320-326, Sept. 2014.
61. Fu, X.L., Leung, D.Y.C., Chen, S.F., “Sodium titanate nanowires as a stable and easily handled precursor for the shape controlled synthesis of TiO2 and their photocatalytic performance” CrystEngComm 16, 616-626, 2014.
62. Huang, H.B., Ye, X.G., Huang, H.L., Hu, P., Zhang, L., Leung, D.Y.C.*, “Photocatalytic oxidation of gaseous benzene under 185nm UV irradiation” Int. J. Photoenergy Article ID 890240, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/890240, 6pp, Vol. 2013.
63. Huang, H.B., Huang, H.L., Hu, P., Ye, X.G., Leung, D.Y.C.*, "Removal of formaldehyde using highly active Pt/TiO2 catalysts without irradiation" Int. J Photoenergy, Vol. 2013, Article ID 350570, 6 pp, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/350570.
64. Huang, H.B., Ye, X.G., Huang, H.L., Zhang, L., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Mechanistic study on formaldehyde removal over Pd/TiO2 catalysts: Oxygen transfer and role of water vapor” Chemical Engineering Journal 230, 73-79 Aug. 2013.
65. Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Kwong, P.C.W., Xiong, J., Zhang, L., “Enhanced photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue under vacuum ultraviolet irraditation”, Catalysis Today 201, 189-194, 2013.
66. Leung, D.Y.C., Fu, X.L., Ye, D.Q., Huang, H.B. “Effect of the oxygen mobility in the lattice of Au/TiO2 on formaldehyde oxidation” Kinetic and Catalysis 53, 239-246, 2012.
67. Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*, “Vacuum ultraviolet-irradiated photocatalysis: Advanced process for toluene abatement” J Environmental Engineering 137, 996-1001, 2011.
68. Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C., Li, G., Leung, M.K.H., Fu, X. “Photocatalytic destruction of air pollutants with vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) irradiation” Catalysis Today 175, 310-315, 2011.
69. Fu, Xianliang, Wang, X.X., Leung, D.Y.C.*,Gu, Q., Chen, S.F., Huang, H.B. “Photocatalytic reforming of C3-polyols for H2 production: Part (I). Role of their OH groups” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 106, 681-688, 2011.
70. Gu, Q., Fu, Xianliang, Wang, X.X., Chen, S.F., Leung, D.Y.C., Xie, X.Q., Photocatalytic reforming of C3-polyols for H2 production: Part (II). Part II. FTIR study on the adsorption and photocatalytic reforming reaction of 2-propanol on Pt/TiO2” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 106, 689-696, 2011.
71. Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Daiqi Ye, "Effect of reduction treatment on structural properties of TiO2 supported Pt nanoparticles and their catalytic activity for formaldehyde oxidation" Journal of Materials Chemistry 21, 9647-9652, 2011
72. Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C.* "Complete elimination of indoor formaldehyde over the Pt/TiO2 catalyst with extremely low Pt content at ambient temperature" J. Catalysis 280, 60-67, 2011
73. Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C.* "Complete oxidation of formaldehyde at room temperature using TiO2 supported metallic Pd nanoparticles" ACS Catal.,1, 348–354, 2011.
74. Huang, H.B., Ye, D., Leung, D.Y.C., Feng, F., Guan, X. "Byproducts and pathways of toluene destruction via plasma-catalysis" Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical 336, 87-93, 2011.
75. Huang, H.B., Ye, D.Q., Leung, D.Y.C., Guan, X.J., “Abatement of toluene in the plasma-driven catalysis process: Mechanism and reaction kinetics” IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science 39, 877-882, 2011.
76. Huang, H.B., Ye, D.Q, Leung, D.Y.C.,” Plasma-driven catalysis process for toluene abatement: Effect of water vapour”, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science 39, 576-580, 2011.
77. Fu, X.L., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, X.X., Xue, W.W., Fu, X.Z., “Photocatalytic reforming of ethanol to H2 and CH4 over ZnSn(OH)6 nanocubes" International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 36, 1524-1530, 2011.
Biofuels and other renewable energy:
78. Guanyi Chen, Sirong He, Zhanjun Cheng, Yanan Guan, Beibei Yan, Wenchao Ma, Dennis Y.C. Leung. “Comparison of kinetic analysis methods in thermal decomposition of cattle manure by themogravimetric analysis” Bioresource Technology 243, 2017, 69-77.
79. Zhanjun Cheng; Yaoyao Tan; Lixia Wei; Lili Xing; Jiuzhong Yang; Lidong Zhang; Yanan Guan; Beibei Yan; Guanyi Chen; Dennis Y.C. Leung. Experimental and kinetic modeling study of furan pyrolysis: Fuel decomposition and aromatic ring formation. Fuel (in press)
80. Hu, Siyang, Leung, D.Y.C.*, Chan, John C.Y. “Numerical Modelling and Comparison of the Performance of diffuser-type Solar Chimneys for Power Generation” Applied Energy 204, 948-957, 2017.
81. Hu, Siyang, Leung, D.Y.C.*, Chan, J.C.Y. “Impact of the Geometry of Divergent Chimneys on the Power Output of a Solar Chimney Power Plant” Energy 120, 1-11, 2017.
82. Hu, S.Y., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Chen, M.Z.Q. “Effect of Divergent Chimneys on the Performance of a Solar Chimney Power Plant” Energy Procedia 105, 7 – 13, 2017.
83. Hu, Siyang, Leung, D.Y.C., Chen, M.Z.Q., Chan, J.C.Y. “Effect of guide wall on the potential of a solar chimney power plant Renewable Energy” Renewable Energy 96: 209-219, 2016.
84. Chan, C.Y., Hu, Si-yang, Raynald, Marc., Leung, D.Y.C., Chang, A.P.S., Yao, J.B. “A telescopic divergent chimney for power generation based on forced air movement: principle and theoretical formulation” Applied Energy 136, 873-880, 2014.
85. Yang, Y.C., Leung, D.Y.C., Toy, P.H. “Rasta Resin-TBD as a Reusable Catalyst for Transesterification Reactions” Synlett 24, 1870-1874, 2013.
86. Chang, Y.Y., Wu, Z.C., Bian, L., Feng, D.L., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Cultivation of Spirulina platensis for biomass production and nutrient removal from synthetic human urine” Applied Energy 102, 427–431, 2013.
87. Zhang, Y., Yu, L., Yung, K.F. Lim, Leung, D.Y.C., Sun, F., Lim, B.L., “Over-expression of AtPAP2 in Camelina sativa leads to faster plant growth and higher seed yield” Biotechnology and Biofuels 5:19, 1-10, 2012.
88. Leung, D.Y.C.*, Yang, Y., “Wind energy development and its environmental impact: a review" Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews 16, 1031-1039, 2012.
89. Leung, D.Y.C.*, Deng, Y., Leung, M.K.H., “Parametric study of a fan-bladed micro-wind turbine” Proc. Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part A, Journal of Power and Energy 225 Part A, 1120-1131, 2011.
90. Wu, X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, “Biodiesel production from camelina oil: Process optimization using orthogonal experiment” Applied Energy 88, 3615-3624, 2011.
Air Pollution Studies and others:
91. Chi Him A. Tsang, H.Y.H. Kwok, Zhanjun Cheng, D.Y.C. Leung* “The applications of graphene-based materials in pollutant control and disinfection” Progress in Solid State Chemistry 45-46, 1-8 2017.
92. Leung, D.Y.C.* “Outdoor-indoor air pollution in urban environment:challenges and opportunity” Frontiers in Environmental Science Vol. 2, Article 69, 2015.
93. Leung, D.Y.C.*, Caramanna, G., Maroto-Valer, M.M., “An overview of current status of carbon dioxide capture and storage technologies” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 39, 426-443, Nov. 2014.
94. Niu, H., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wong C.F.,, Zhang, T., Chan, M.N., Leung, F.C.C., “Nitric oxide removal by wastewater bacteria in a biotrickling filter” Journal of Environmental Science 26, 555-565, 2014.
95. Wong, C.F., Niu, H.J.Y., Jiang, J.W., Chan, C., Leung, D.Y.C., Leung, F., “Genome sequence of Pseudomonas mendocina DLHK, isolated from a bio-trickling reactor.” Journal of Bacteriology 194, 6326 Nov. 2012.
96. Tong, Y.O., Leung, D.Y.C.*, "Effects of building aspect ratio, diurnal heating scenario, and wind speed on reactive pollutant dispersion in urban street canyons" J. Env. Sci. 24, 2091-2013, 2012.
97. Tong, Y.O., Leung, D.Y.C.*, "Ozone diurnal characteristics in areas with different urbanizations " Int. J. Environment & Pollution 49, 100-124, 2012.
98. Leung, D.Y.C.*, Lo, W.Y., Chow, W.Y., Chan, P.W., ”Effect of terrain and building structures on the air flow in an airport” Journal of Zhejiang University Science A 12, 461-468, 2012.
99. Rizwan Ahmed Memon, Leung, D.Y.C.*, “On the heating environment in street canyon” Environmental Fluid Mechanics 11, 465-480, 2011.
100.Leung, D.Y.C.*, Tsui, J.K.Y., Chen, F., Yip, W.K, Vrijmoed, L.L.P., Liu, C.H., “Effects of urban vegetations on urban air quality – A review”, Landscape Research 36, 173-188, 2011.
101.Liu, Chun-Ho, Cheng, W.C., Leung, T.C.Y., Leung, D.Y.C., “On the Mechanism of Air Pollutant Re-entrainment in Two-Dimensional Idealized Street Canyons” Atmo. Environment 45, 4763-4769, 2011.
102.Rizwan Ahmed Memon, Leung, D.Y.C.*, Liu, C.H., Leung, M.K.H., “Urban heat island and its effect on the cooling and heating demands in urban and suburban areas of Hong Kong” Theoretical & Applied Climatology,103, 441- , 2011.
103.Tong, N.Y.O., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Liu, C.H., “A review on ozone evolution and its relationship with boundary layer characteristics in urban environments", Water, Air, & Soil Pollution 214, 13-36, 2011.